Sunday, August 14, 2011

Mylo Xyloto (:

Well, it's official. The title and release date for Coldplay's fifth album has FINALLY been released. (: Mylo Xyloto (pronounced MY-lo ZY-le-to) will be released on October 24, 2011 (as previously speculated) for everywhere except North America. We won't get it until the next day, on October 25th. Ah, well.

Also released with this information was the cover art for the album:


 For the CD, it will include an alternate album cover on the revearse side of the main one:


I'm kind of a fan, I think. (: The name of the album is a bit strange, and it took me a while to be able to pronounce it right, but it's slowly growing on me. I'm liking it more and more. (:

So, what exactly does "Mylo Xyloto" mean? Nobody seems to know. Maybe later, we'll have a better idea.

Anyway. As of right now, the official tracklist for the album hasn't been announced, but there's a lot of speculation. Somewhere - I can't exactly remember where - I heard that the album is a bit over forty minutes long. So, I'm guessing that that will probably be about a 10-track album. But that's just my guess.

WikiColdplay has a list of possible songs for Mylo Xyloto:

"Charlie Brown"
"Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall"
"Great Expectations"
"Hurts Like Heaven"
"Major Minus"
"Moving To Mars"
"Mylo Xyloto"
"Paradise"
"Princess Of China"
"Sex And Violence"
"Tomorrow"
"U.F.O."
"Us Against The World"
"Up In Flames"
"Up With The Birds"

Obviously, some of the songs have never been heard of before. A few of them, however, have been played by Coldplay at festivals and concerts. Here are some of them. (:

"CHARLIE BROWN"
Ah, "Charlie Brown." (: As stated in the previous post, I adore this particular song. (:

"EVERY TEARDROP IS A WATERFALL"
Now, for some people (particularly, some long-time Coldplay fans), they absolutely hate this song. Personally, I think that it's fine. I actually like it. But that could be because I only got into Coldplay more recently. And also, because I'm a bit more open-minded when it comes to music. But anyway.

"US AGAINST THE WORLD"
This song is lovely. (: Beautiful meaning, and beautiful lyrics. I especially love 2:02 - 2:30. "And if we could float away, fly up to the surface and just start again, and lift off before trouble just erodes us in the rain..."

"MAJOR MINUS"
Ah. I like this one too. It's not my favorite, but I do like it. (:

"MOVING TO MARS"
This song starts out a bit slow for me, but after the beginning part I do grow to like it. (:

"HURTS LIKE HEAVEN"
This is another one of those catchy songs. (: I also like this one. Hopefully, it makes it on the album.

Of course, some of the songs listed may not even be on the album. "Hurts Like Heaven," for example, is one of those songs that might have been tossed into the scrap pile for the album. Personally, I hope that that's not the case, because I'm a fan of that song. (:

So far, only two songs are "guarenteed" to be on the album, from what I've heard: "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall" and "Paradise." I haven't heard "Paradise" before, because I don't think that it's been played anywhere yet. But anyway, this song is going to be Mylo Xyloto's second single (ETIAW being the first), scheduled to be released on September 12. One month! (:

As for the full album... 72 days! (;

No comments:

Post a Comment