Thursday, June 9, 2011

The one thing I hate about summer...

 "Summer afternoon, summer afternoon -- to me, those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~ Henry James


Oh, summer. How I love this wonderful time of the year. (: School is out, the weather is warming up, the sun is out... it's all so PERFECT. (: That picture up there is one I took at a park that I went to with a few of my friends last Friday. We spent over an hour just hanging out, wandering around the little "forest" that boarders one side of the park. It was such a perfect day; our first day out of school, warm air surrounding us, the sun shining down... in other words, the epitome of summer! (;

I rarely do anything fun or exciting during the summer. It's sad, but true. While I have friends who will go on cruises, visit Disneyland, or go to some other awesome place, I stay home. Hang out with friends, if I'm lucky. (By the way, in my life I have never been on a cruise, visited Disneyland, or been to very many "awesome" places. Sad, but true). But, I guess that that really doesn't matter, right? It's SUMMER! A time of friends, family, fun, and sunshine! Some of my favorite things in the world! (:


So... maybe I can survive with out Disneyland? Maybe? ... eh, we'll find out.

 

However, there is one tiny little thing that I may or may not dislike about summer. Most people probably won't understand. This reason is... The Mentalist. Yes, The Mentalist. Maybe some have heard of it? It's a crime drama on TV starring Simon Baker. The main character is a man with a dark past with uncanny skills at observation. And I adore it. (: The thing is... it's not a summer show. It runs from September to May... in other words, no Mentalist in the summer. And it slightly kills me! I mean, how am I supposed to survive with out THAT face up there greeting me every Thursday night?! (;
 
Oh... I'm pathetic. Yes, I do realize that fact. But that does not lessen my love for this show in any way. (:
 
So... never heard of The Mentalist before? Like I said, The Mentalist is one of those many crime dramas. But, it's not quite like the rest. It's special. And why is it special? Patrick Jane, played by Simon Baker. (;
 
Anyway. Season three of the Mentalist just ended this past May with a shocking finale. I'm not going to spoil it for anybody who hasn't watched the show. (: But, the ending did slightly scare me, because, while it was a cliff hanger, I could see CBS just leaving it at that - no closure. So, for the next few days, I was wandering the internet, searching for any news of The Mentalist being renewed.
 
Thankfully, it has. (: The Mentalist will return for a fourth season this fall. HALLELUJAH! (:
 
While I'd love for summer to be as long as possible, there's always one tiny part of me that is just begging for September to come around. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment